Fireblood (Frostblood Saga #2) by Elly Blake

Title: Fireblood (Frostblood Saga #2)
Author: Elly Blake
Pages: 416
Genre: YA/Fantasy
Publisher: HBG Canada/ Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: September 12, 2017
Buy: Amazon| Chapters Indigo| Kobo
*Recieved for review from HBG Canada

Summary (Goodreads)
Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the villainous Frost King and melted his throne of ice. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now haunting her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby's powers and past....

Despite warnings from her beloved Arcus, Ruby accompanies a roguish Fireblood named Kai to Sudesia, where she must master her control of fire in a series of trials to gain the trust of the suspicious Fireblood queen. Only then can she hope to access the knowledge that could defeat the rampaging Minax--which grows closer every moment. But as sparks fly in her moments alone with Kai, how can Ruby decide whom to trust? The fate of both kingdoms is now in her hands.


Review:

If you haven't started this series you must pick it up immediately! I could not put it down as it left me either in shock or heartbroken. Elly Blake's writing was beautifully written and the background story was very insightful. Once I finished Frostblood, I knew that I couldn't wait to read Fireblood which is now one of my favourite books of this year! If you follow me on Goodreads, I mentioned that Chapter 5 left me heartbroken. It was a fast-paced, action packed and in the end surpassed my expectations and

Fireblood starts a few days after Frostblood ended and Ruby is trying to adjust to the Frost blood world. I would say I'm definitely invested in the characters and the entire novel. While you might see a love triangle in this novel my heart will still be with Arcus. But I still had a hard time choosing between him and Kai. But overall, I'm happy with Ruby's choice at the end! Looking forward to where Elly is going to go with this in Nightblood! As you go along we get to see more about Ruby's past and learn more about the Minax's history and learning to control her fire from the Fireblood masters.

Elly Blake has written a series that you get you hooked because I know I am! If you are looking for a great fantasy read you will want to grab this book series. The writing is spot on and the ending will make you wish Nightblood was already out! Plus look at the beautiful covers.  Can't wait to see what is going to happen next in the series!

5/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop