Waiting on Wednesday:The Valiant by Lesley Livingston

Title: The Valiant
Author: Lesley Livingston 
Pages: 288
Genre: Young Adult, Historical/Fantasy 
Publisher: Razorbill/HarperCollins Canada
Release Date: February 14, 2017

Summary (Goodreads)

The youngest daughter of a proud Celtic king, Fallon has always lived in the shadow of her older sister Sorcha's legendary reputation as a warrior. But when Fallon was a young child, the armies of Julius Caesar invaded the island of Britain and her beloved older sister was killed in battle.

On the eve of her seventeenth birthday, Fallon is excited to follow in her sister's footsteps and earn her rightful place in her father's royal war band. But she never gets the chance. Instead, Fallon is captured by a band of ruthless brigands who sell her to an exclusive training school for female gladiators—and its most influential patron is none other than Julius Caesar himself. In a cruel twist of fate, Fallon's worst enemy, the man who destroyed her family, might be her only hope of survival.

Now, Fallon must overcome vicious rivalries, chilling threats and the dangerous attention of Caesar himself to survive the deadly fights that take place both in and out of the arena—and claim her place in history among the Valiant.


Comments

  1. This one looks very interesting. Thanks for putting it on my radar and TBR list!

    Have a look at my #WoW on my Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added this last week to my TBR ... It definitely looks interesting!! Hope you enjoy this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds intriguing ~ Hope you really enjoy it!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds good and I've seen it somewhere else this week but can't recall where. Hope you enjoy it when it releases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting. May have to check it out, though historical type books are outside my usual fare. If you like YA paranormal/supernatural, My WoW this week may be of interest to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Female gladiators? I'm sold. Love the cover too. This one sounds epic. Thanks for sharing. Hope we all enjoy it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG The Valliant is totally new to me and I am totally in love with it already! Great pick!

    Happy reading!

    My WoW

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of this one, so I am in debt to you for putting this on my radar! I am so excited for this one now, I love historical-based books, and it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop