Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks #3) by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Things I Can't Forget
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Pages: 304
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire/ Raincoast Books
Release Date: March 1, 2013
Read in 2013

Buy: AmazonCA| Amazon| Chapters Indigo| Kobo

Summary: (Goodreads

Companion to Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.

Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt…with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…

Read an excerpt here.


*Received for review from Raincoast Books/Sourcebooks Fire for honest review*

Review:

Things I Can't Forget has to be one of my favorite books by Miranda Keneally. I have been a fan of her books since the first book in the series came out (Catching Jordan). When I first found out that the main character is involved in religion. Miranda definitely puts her skills a work and turns it into gold because the entire book was sweet and made me care for these characters. Kate has passions and dreams and we get to see them as part of what she values. Her religion is part of her upbringing and makes her who she is. 

Even though Kate seems really judgmental in the beginning, she has a hard time for others to come and approach her and understand her. Throughout the book she grows at being able to understand what her friends are going through and that everything is not black and white, right or wrong. and that she should accept her friends decisions and that some people don't share the same views as her (her faith). I could connect with her because I've seen this a few times in my life and its hard to be told the truth. Then she finds friendship and love when she opens up. Plus I even fell in love with Matt. *swoon*  He really brings out the best in Kate. Plus their families are so supportive and really good people! I had a smile on my face throughout the entire book. 


I also loved how Will and Parker (from Stealing Parker) make an appearance in the book. I love getting updates on some of my favorite characters. Miranda Kenneally does a great job with incorporating all her past characters into this book in the Hundred Oaks series. So far I've loved every book in this series and I do recommend you read this book series. 

5/5

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of this series yet. The cover is cute, though, and from your review, I gather it's a great read.

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop