99 Days by Katie Cotugno

Title: 99 Days
Author: Katie Cotugno 
Pages: 384
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: HarperTeen/ Balzer + Bray
Release Date: April 21, 2015
Buy: Amazon| Chapters Indigo| Kobo| B&N

Summary (Goodreads)

Day 1: Julia Donnelly eggs my house my first night back in Star Lake, and that’s how I know everyone still remembers everything—how I destroyed my relationship with Patrick the night everything happened with his brother, Gabe. How I wrecked their whole family. Now I’m serving out my summer like a jail sentence: Just ninety-nine days till I can leave for college, and be done.

Day 4: A nasty note on my windshield makes it clear Julia isn’t finished. I’m expecting a fight when someone taps me on the shoulder, but it’s just Gabe, home from college and actually happy to see me. “For what it’s worth, Molly Barlow,” he says, “I’m really glad you’re back.”

Day 12: Gabe got me to come to this party, and I’m actually having fun. I think he’s about to kiss me—and that’s when I see Patrick. My Patrick, who’s supposed to be clear across the country. My Patrick, who’s never going to forgive me.


Review: 

This was one whirlwind of a book! This is Katie Cotugno second book and it did not disappoint since I pretty much devoured it. As many of you know I fell in love with her debut How to Love which was amazing, but 99 Days is definitely up there as well. It was definitely different of how the story was told since there was 99 chapters to explain what Molly has gone through. Plus the cover is very pretty!

I immediately fell in love with Gabe from the start since he was so sweet and plain lovable from the beginning. The romance I felt was all over the place since even my heart was torn between Gabe and Patrick (who are both brothers). It begins with Molly's house being egged by Julia Donnelly and her mom is a best selling author all about what happened to Molly last summer. Now she has returned for the summer and deals with what happens. The book does deal with cheating and a love triangle, and I did like how it featured it in a different angle and how this town now looks at her as a slut. 


Molly was only 17 when this happens and I did like Gabe probably better than Patrick and she did have a choice and at times it was heartbreaking when she had to make these decisions. She was mistreated very badly when she tries to come back. Katie Cotugno is a great writer and knows how to get you invested with her characters because you can feel Molly's frustration during some scenes. Even though at times the characters made some bad decisions it turned even more complicated and I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. One of the brothers  Patrick was her first love and the other was who she had her first night with but if you read the book you can see there was chemistry before. 

One of the reasons I felt the book was undealt with was the ending because it leaving you hanging and feeling what is going to happen next. But this is a standalone novel so it left it open (so hopefully Katie will create a sequel one day). Overall, 99 Days was a good read full of heartbreaks and enjoyable to read. This contemporary novel was a fast quick read that was full of drama and I am excited for any of Katie's books that will be coming in the near future. 

4/5

Comments

  1. Great review!
    I'm definitely going to be adding this one to my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good! Will have to check this out!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop