The Deal (Off-Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy

Title: The Deal (Off-Campus #1)
Author: Elle Kennedy
Pages: 358
Genre: New Adult/Romance
Release Date: February 24, 2015
Buy: Amazon| Kobo

Summary (Goodreads)

She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy... 

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice... even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date. 

...and it’s going to be oh so good. 

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn't take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn't going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.


Review: 

This has to be one of my favorite new adult books this year! To be honest I wasn't actually going to read it but I had already heard good things from other bloggers and decided why not! Boy was I wrong! I should have started it right away! The Deal definitely lives up to the hype because it was HOT and the plot was plan addictive! So glad I read it because I read it in a day. The plot may sound similar to other books but once you start you will discover that it was sweet, moving and sexy! All the Feels!

I did love how it alternates chapters between Hannah and Garrett, because their point of views were important. Hannah is a gifted music star who has a crush on a boy in Ethics class. Then enters our very cocky hockey captain who needs Hannah's help tutoring him because he just failed the test. He is the big man on campus who looks at her in  a new light and falls for her.

Throughout the book you can start seeing that these two do have lots in common and are starting to like each other more than just friends. It was a fun light read that made me crave more of their story. Both Hannah and Garrett have gone through traumatic events because she is still trying to move on from that issue. I really liked Hannah because she is the one person who can see through Garrett and discover his personality to get to know the real him. Garrett's story was very well developed which I really liked seeing his family life to move on from his drama. Elle also addresses some major issues that happen a lot in our society. But what happens to Garrett and Hannah in the past has an effect on who they are today.

Elle Kennedy did an amazing job with the story and the direction it took. The romance in some parts were OMG and some will feel like "Why are you doing this to me"! It just kept me to flip through the pages so fast that I wanted to know what was going to happen because I got so into the story.

If you haven't added this to your TBR list I recommend you get it immediate! I am very excited to read the next book in the series: The Mistake (Logan's Story). Basically go get this book right now! You won't regret it! I was totally swooned by this book!

Comments

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop