Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Title: Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 420
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens/Razorbill Canada
Release Date: August 27, 2013
*Read in 2013*

Buy: Amazon| Kobo| Chapters Indigo| B&N| Book Depository

Summary: (Goodreads)

An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt.
But her heart never wavers.


After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice. 

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?


Review:


What can I say is that this book was better than the first!!! Sarah J. Maas knows how to hook you in. I can tell you that my emotions were like fire and ice with the amount of tension and self discovery of what goes on in this book! Staying up till 2 am is totally worth reading this book! I have instantly fallen in love with this series including the male leads of Chaol and Dorian.


Celaena is even more kick-a** in this book than the last (Throne of Glass). The mysteries about her past is opened up more and while reading until the end you will discover this. I am seriously sad I have to wait a whole year to read the next one!! My mind is still mind blown after reading this and utterly speechless. I fell so hard for both Chaol and Dorian that  I am still torn at who is is going to pick! So it good that Celaena picks the one I wanted her with, so there wasn't a love triangle. Both male leads are such well developed characters that their story is very important to the development of Celaena's which Sarah J. Maas knows how to do! 

This is one series everyone needs to read! Epic fantasy that has a Game of Thrones feeling! It has other great elements like fae, witches, demons, and mystery! Sarah J. Maas is an author to look out for because her stories are addicting and beautifully creative! I am looking forward to see what the other books in the series hold because I have a feeling they are going to be just as good! 

5/5

Comments

  1. I love assassin stuff and thought the first book was awesome. Glad to know the second book is as good as the first. Now I just need time to finish the rest of the series! In some ways I love discovering a series late because then I don't have to wait for the next book but in others ways I feel like I'm on a mad dash to catch up! Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop