Guest Review: Lucy @ Keep It Real With Lucy - Catching Jordan Review

Today I will be have a guest coming to Stuck In YA Books. Lucy from Keep It Real With Lucy!!
Here is her review of Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally !!


I LOVED this book! It was amazing! The romance, the relationships, it's not often you see all of this in a book! One of my favorite parts of the book, is the relationship Jordan has with her teammates. They get along really well, and you don't always see that much acceptance when it comes to boys and girls playing on the same sports teams. I play golf, and basketball, and I love playing with the opposite gender! They are competitive in many different ways, and they also love to have fun!
Below are some topics I wanted to touch base on:
  • Girls Playing with Boys: According to statistics there are over 1,200 female high school football players across the country. What are some of the positives and negatives of blurring the lines between female and male sports? Do you support it?
- YES! I definitely support this for many reasons! There are many positives to this experience. You get to experience a different level of competition. Boys seem to be more competitive at certain things! Girls think differently then boys. Therefore in a sport the opposite gender might have a more genius idea about a certain play than another. However they our some down falls. Boys can be stronger than girls (SORRY LADIES!), also there is the possibility of not getting equal opportunity since we look at males being more tough.

  • Breaking through the Ranks: Jordan is symbolic for the many girls/women who choose to fight the status quo. What have some of your own experiences been like?
- This can be hard for any female. In some ways being a female you feel that you're hair has to be done perfect, you're shoes have to be in style, your clothes must all match from head to toe, and that you should be involved in all the girly stuff! I really have to disagree with that. Everyday (except like 5 days of the year) my hair is up in a pony tail. I don't have the time to straighten, or have the energy, and nor do I care! I wear sweats everyday except Fridays. (I try and make an effort to put on jeans, and either my school spirit top, or a nice top) If someone wants to like me in any way they will like me for the way I am, and tough fudges if they don't! It is their loss! I don't feel that I need to change because someone wants me to. I will stay the same and that will never change. You are you, and you should never change, just to get someone to like you. Someone does like you, and I don't think any girl should ever feel different.

  • Untraditional Romance: Catching Jordan puts a great emphasis on the untraditional relationship and character role Jordan possess in the book. What effects (if any) do these types of relationships have on kids and people today? Is it important for people to be exposed to them?
-I feel people should date who they want. In this case it is not the most "traditional" relationship. Jordan isn't the best looking girl around, yet she is dating one of the hottest boys around. I think that anyone should get to choose their relationship, and you don't have to do what every person says you should do! This exposes people to be the person they really are instead of the stereotypical image we are told to be.

Comments

  1. Thanks for having me Amanda! Interview is up on my end!:) Thanks everyone for checking this out!
    Thanks again Amanda:)!!!!!!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Catching Jordan two days ago, and I am still smiling about it. I adored this book. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it like I did, but boy did I! This is a book I will read again and again, for a long time to come. I can't wait to read more Miranda Kenneally. Thanks for your review. I love the topics you posted. They are things that I thought about while reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop