Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti

Title: Keep Holding On
Author: Susane Colasanti
Pages: 202
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Expected Release Date: May 31, 2012

 Summary: (Goodreads)

Between Noelle’s difficult home life and the bullying she endures at school, all she wants is to get out of her small town. Noelle would give anything to be with Julian Porter. But staying with her emotionally distant boyfriend is safer. When things heat up between Noelle and Julian, she has to decide whether she can be her true self with him.

                                 * Received for review from Penguin Canada Young Readers*

Review: 

In Susane Colasanti's new release Keep Holding on, she creates Noelle who has a difficult home life with her "mother" and she is being bullied at school constantly. Colasanti has showed a clear message that bullying is wrong, and that you should stand up the bullies. I could really connect with Noelle and her need to try to get help and attention from her mother. 

I loved the characters and the chemistry between Noelle and Julian. Her "secret" boyfriend Matt in the beginning was a big jerk. As it progressed, Noelle was feeling the pressure of how everyone was viewing her after she lied about what was happening in the home. As I continued to read, it was a clear message that Colasanti wanted to show her readers that we as students and adults stand up to bullies and discuss it with our teachers, and parents.

I really did like the chemistry between Noelle and Julian because he was the only person who didn't care about rumors, and just liked her for herself despite all the drama that was going on in the novel when her ex best friends started this bullying. I loved Colasanti's writing because in every book that I have read, it shows about a different message of being yourself, you will achieve great things. I look forward to many more books by Susane Colasanti because the writing is addicting. Overall I do recommend you pick up this book because bullying is a major issue and the world today needs to work on this problem, because of the many things Noelle went through is happening today with schools. Great Message, Awesome Read!!!


The cover: I think the cover really draws you in with both Noelle and Julian together. Penguin does a great job with their covers.





Comments

  1. I've had my eye on this book for awhile. I thought it seemed like a good, emotionally story. I'm glad you were able to connect with it.
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop