Touch by Jus Accardo + Interview

 When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home.

Except there’s something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she’ll turn to dust if he touches her. It’s not until Dez’s father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there’s more to this boy—and her father’s “law firm”—than she realized.

Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they’re caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.

A secret Kale will kill to protect.

Find Touch on Goodreads.

Review: 

 I got an early ARC for review by the publishers of Entangled. I was overjoyed to being apart of this book tour. In this highly anticipated novel, Jus Accardo gives her readers, romance and action in her first debut. From the first 100 pages, the characters really shine, you will fall in love with these characters. The connection between Kale and Dez is so strong that the magnetic pull towards them overpowers another love interest. The plot was really put together beautifully. As one of the characters described its like X-Men, but they are so much cooler with their powers. Touch by Jus Accardo is one of the best YA Paranormal novels, I've fallen in love with another HOT boy.. KALE.

Kale is one of the most funniest characters + charming in my books. He maybe new to the normal world, but one thing he does know is love. His innocence is one of the things I loved about him. Some of the funny things about the outside world.  Dez and Kale love unfolds in the first novel. The novel was one of  the best paranormal books I read in a while. It was hot, sizzling and it was awesome. Jus Accardo is another author whose books I will be looking for in the future. I cant wait to read more in the next book!  This book is a must read!!!

Interview: 
1) How did you come up with the idea of Sixes?
 
Kale came to me first (though in the original idea Dez and Kale’s roles
were reversed). I started writing and connected him to Marshal in the
first few chapters. As Marshal’s role grew, I realized Kale wasn’t alone.
Poof. The Sixes were born.
 
2) Favorite character to write about?
 
This is a hard one. Kale’s firsts were so much fun to write. Funny and
emotional, his scenes were some of my favorite. And then there’s Dez.
She’s such a strong character. Brave and loyal, she can take care of
herself and would do anything for those she loves. There’s Ginger who made
me giggle at times. I’d be sitting here writing her scenes and could
picture them so clearly in my head… She has one hell of a presence for a
fictional character, that woman. I guess that doesn’t really answer the
question… Really, I can’t answer the question. I kinda loved them all J
 
3) How long did Touch take you to write?
 
The first draft was done in three weeks!
 
4) Is there any similarities between you and Dez when you were writing?
 
Hmm... Well we can both throw a mean right hook and we share a lot of the
same tastes in music. Other than that, we share a bit of the same snark,
but past that, nada.
 
5) If you had any ability that the Sixes have which would it be?
 
I’d really want to have the ability to talk to animals. I have 3 dogs and
I’d love to find out what goes on inside their heads. And there is this
Alpaca farm a few miles down the road. Something tells me Alpacas would be
awesome to chat with… Just a gut feeling.
 
6) One book you recommend to read?
 
One? Wow. Um… One book I could read over and over again (and have) is
Nightlife by Rob Thurman.
 
7) What do you like to do on your spare time?
 
I grew up in a kitchen so food and cooking is a huge part of my life. I
love the outdoors and animals, and I’m a cartoon freak and World Of
Warcraft junkie.
 
8) Favorite thing about Kale and Dez?
 
My favorite thing about Kale and Dez is their fierce dedication to each
other. 
 
Touch from Amazon and barnesandnoble.com


Author Bio:
 
Jus Accardo is the author of YA paranormal romance and urban fantasy
fiction. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her
husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald. Her first book,
Touch, is due out in November 2011 from Entangled Publishing. She is
represented by Kevan Lyon of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. I'm seeing Touch everywhere! And my dying to get my hands on it! Love the Q&A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'd love to talk to animals too! :) And I'm amazed that she managed to write the first draft in such a short of amount of time - wow!

    Great interview questions, Amanda!


    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview, only 3 weeks!!! That's awesome timing =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop