Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian
By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Entangled Publishing
Release Date: December 6th, 2011
Format:Paperback/Ebook

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. 

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.


Review:

WOW am still in shock of how great this book is!! Jennifer L. Armentrout has really got the great stuff, she has Half-Blood which I also LOVED, and now Obsidian which is out of this world!! Let me just say that it was hard writing this review. I am not gonna spoil anything!  I have also fallen in love with another character by the name of Daemon... oh Daemon. Is it just me or any others who have just enjoyed him. Katy is one lucky girl!! (need to find Hot Alien Boy)  I <3 Jennifer and Liz + Entangled Publishing. This book deserves 20x stars!!

My emotions were everywhere throughout the entire book. One moment there was scenes that were soo intense that I wanted to yell at Daemon or Katy (all in a good way). This book has romance and action. I was practically jumping up and down during some of the scenes.Action packed,out of this world, romantic, and hot boys. Daemon maybe an alien but he is on HOT alien with awesome powers. Dee his sister does play an important role in the novel, she is very popular, she wants to be normal and she can do that with Katy.


I really enjoyed the plot of the book, the characters personalities, Daemon's infuriating passion to annoy Katy, and how their personal relationship develops throughout the book. I personally loved his character, him and Katy are opposites but they fit perfectly together. It was a sizzling, romantic read, and I could read it over and over again. I am sooo looking forward to the next book in the series and also many more books by Jennifer. 

Thanks Jennifer for creating such awesome books


Here's a Teaser:
“I’m not a kid. I’m seventeen.”
“Is that so?” He blinked. “You look like you’re twelve. No. Maybe
thirteen, but my sister has this doll that kind reminds me of you. All
big-eyed and vacant.” (all rights to Jennifer L. Armentrout & Entangled Publishing) (Page 7)

Buy links for Obsidian

Obsidian on Goodreads

Jennifer's blog:

Comments

  1. Yay!!! Great review!! :) this book killed me! I need book 2 like YESTERDAY!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Amanda..I sooooooo want to read this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like a keeper. I have it listed in my book wish list.

    jmesparza821(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read any of Jennifer L Armentrout's books. But from what I have heard they do sound really good. Daemon sounds intriguing and I hope to get a chance to read all about him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plot of Obsidian moved along fairly well. There were a few moments where, for me, the pacing felt off, but for the most part I read this book always wishing I could read it a bit faster, because I had to know what happened next. I've read a great deal more fantasy than sci-fi, so discovering this book was a treat for me. I love the whole idea behind the Luxen, as well as how Katy takes the revelation that her neighbors are aliens in stride. She isn't squeamish; nor is she rushing to get involved in their business - how she ends up involved is equal parts frightening, amusing, promising, and sexy all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An alien? Hm...might should pop this one up on my reading list. Good review, definitely made me want to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got this book in the mail. I see what everyone writes about it and now I get to swoon over this hot guy too! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure if my first attempt at this worked so I'm gonna try again lol Sorry if it pops up twice >. <
    So I never thought aliens would be my kind of thing (I'm all over the Fallen Angels lol) but after swinging by Chapters to grab Empowered you suggested this book and Holy Hannah. You were so right! I absolutely loved it! And you were also right, Daemon is a tool. But I fuckin loved him. I'm headed back for the next one tomorrow! Fingers crossed it's there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop