Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

By: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Release Date:September 29
Genre/Age: YA Contemporary
Pages: 338
Source: E-book
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

Review:

Lola and Cricket, Lola and Cricket. One Word: LOVED!!!! I practically read this book in one day. I did like Lola, and people could relate to her. I love how she expresses herself through her clothing, she is a new person, but she does hide behind them because of some family issues, but what family doesn't have issues. Her dads were also great, and played major roles in Lola's life. Lola's mother in my opinion should have been there more, but based in the book after a few months, she grows on you.

I even fell in love with Cricket and his beautiful personality. *wishes for a real life Cricket* I wish all guys were like him because he doesn't care about what you wear, + smart, goes to Berkeley where the lovely Etienne St. Clair goes to school. I loved seeing him and Anna again, see where they are after Paris. From the first moment you meet him on the window sill you will fall in love with this boy, who cares about Max. Max's character was an interesting one, he did appreciate Lola's appearance, but he was too old for her, but he could have been nicer at the end. He was the bad boy. The ending was by far the best!! I LOVED this book <3 Cricket, and the rest of the characters:)

This love story is a home run in my books, I couldn't stop reading it!! Like Anna, it had everything that was needed: 1. A unique girl 2. Hot neighbor boy, 3. Anna and Etienne. Perfect Combo in books. If you liked Anna you will love Lola & Cricket. If you are need of a good read check out Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door because this author is one of the best!! Perkins writing is beautiful!!! Cant wait until the next one:)


~Amanda

Comments

  1. Oh yay! I'm so glad this is good! I can't wait to meet this Cricket!!

    Also. I'm reading Touch as well - how do you like it? I think it's pretty good so far.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop