The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Pages: 450
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release Date: September 27, 2012

Buy:
Summary: (Goodreads)

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.

Review:

There are no words to describe how Amazing this book was to read! I just loved it from beginning to end, I loved all the character's Hodkin creates , especially the beautiful Noah Shaw, whom will make you all nervous when you read this. It is a must read for all those who, enjoy suspense and mystery and of course some romance! This is by far my favorite book, I was just in love with the whole novel.

Before  Mara moved to her new town after the death of her best friends and boyfriend (Rachel, Claire and Jude) Their death happened suddenly one night. Mara wakes up the next few days, in the hospital, not knowing anything that happened to her. Mara and her whole entire family move away from this because Mara is having an difficult time with all the memories + the funerals. A month later they start at a new school, where we meet the handsome, gorgeous Noah! Noah from the beginning makes your heart flutter, makes you nervous, as he tries to get Mara's attention because he knows that she is different than all the other girls he was with in the past. We learn new things about each one of them along the way as they start to both develop feelings for each other. This is the first book in the series. It was thrilling and just plain awesome!

I loved Mara, her family, and most of all Noah due to the fact that Mara and Noah belong together. What a cliff hanger ending, it left me wanting more! It was just one surprise after another when reading about Mara and Noah! This book will leave you speechless at the end, because I know I was. I cant wait until the next book! Michelle Hodkin is brilliant with bringing suspense and romance into her first debut novel! This book will be a hit amongst the book stores! I have already pre-ordered mine which I cant wait to put on my shelves:) Expect great things from Michelle Hodkin, she will be one of the authors to surprise all her readers. Best book of 2011 for sure, a must read.

Comments

  1. Awesome review girl and you are Soooooo lucky to have gotten your hands on this! Color me jealous;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this review! I am in total and complete agreement with you! Mara and Noah were just...ahh. I loved it! I am so anxious for the next book to come out! Too bad we still have like 10 months!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop