The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

Review:

I like this cover way better than the other cover, its way more prettier, shows more of the setting. Ok back to the main subject. The Girl of Fire and Thorns was one of my favorites. A MUST Read!!! From the beginning to the end it had tons of actions and romance that kept you reading. I can admit that it also want to make me go to tears at some parts due to some scenes which I will not tell you until you read this book. Carsons writing was unique in writing. She created different names for most of her characters that I didn't know existed.

Elisa is the main character and the narrator throughout the story. The reader really got an understanding of what was going on.It contains 3 parts to the novel. Humberto and Alejandro were the male leads in my opinion because they help Elisa through some tough times. War between cities over Godstones. Elisa is one of the chosen ones who possess the power of God, and each person with a Godstone has to complete an important task. At only the age of sixteen Elisa she is a princess, a secret wife to a king who sounds really hot, with his country in turmoil. Her sister I thought was very distant at times, even if she moved away. At some point I was so intrigued with the novel that I couldn't wait to finish it. It had lots of what I like in every YA novel. 

Readers will enjoy the creativity created. Carson's creation of this world is beautifully shown through her words. The Girl of Fire and Thorns was one of the my new favorites! I loved it all, the good and the bad. The characters really grow on you, even some of the male characters. Scenes will make you emotional at times, but all of us readers are different. Overall the book was one great book, had me emotional at times, but I loved it!!!

Add this to you TBR list: HERE

-Amanda
*for more reviews you can visit my Review Archives 

Summary:

Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness.

Elisa is the chosen one.

But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can’t see how she ever will.

Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.

And he’s not the only one who needs her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people’s savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.

Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn’t die young.

Most of the chosen do.

Comments

  1. I've been looking foward to reading this one.. Great to see another person who liked it.. I agree, this cover is much nicer then the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one, this review just made me more excited - and your right this cover looks better than the other one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop