Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

In this captivating prequel to Half-Blood, Armentrout does a beautiful job of describing Alexandria's view of the world as a half-blood. From beginning to end her beginning story gets us ready for the first novel, Half-Blood which comes out September 15.  All I can say is "OMG!"  I loved it!

The story introduces readers to the main character Alexandria “Alex” Andros, a half-blood descendent of the gods, who, with her mother, a pure-blood, has been on the run for three years, hiding from the Covenant and from the daimons who exist on the aether of pure-bloods.


The story gives us the insight through Alex's life as she goes through life after the Covenant. She has been running with her mother. We get though some descriptions that Alex has a crush on someone with his eyes! The Daimons, where very well put together and I love the novella because it gets us ready for the first novel.  I even cried at some parts during the read:) and that's not an easy thing for me to cry during a book! So it means I love it, but during that part it, it made me want to read more!

The novella also gave us a sneak peak of Chapter one in book 1- Half-Blood and the action didn’t stop. By the time I was as the end I wanted more.! It’s here in this first chapter that we catch a glimpse of Aiden and I already know he’ll be soon added to my literary ideal man list. He’s very appealing and knows just how to make an entrance (look below)!

I can already tell The Covenant series is going to be awesome and I can’t wait for book 1- Half-Blood to come out September 15, 2011. This is one series you’re going to want to read to the end! It will grab your attention from start to finish, so I recommend you pre-order this book, because you will love it!

"In front of me, he walked right through the flames, looking every bit
like a daimon hunter should. The fire did not singe his pants nor dirty
his shirt. Not a single dark hair was touched by the blaze. Those cool,
storm-cloud-colored eyes fixed on me.
It was him—Aiden St. Delphi." (Armentout)


You can view Daimon at her website!



Jennifer L. Armentrout 


http://twitter.com/#!/JLArmentrout
http://jenniferarmentrout.blogspot.com/








Comments

  1. I hope that you get a chance to read Half-Blood! It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to read this!!! I keep putting it off...*palm to forehead* stupid, stupid, stupid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop